This is the journey of one control freak wife and one gentle spirited husband as they seek to balance their

roles in their home
and bring an extra measure of joy to their already happy marriage.

Monday, April 25, 2011

back to the new normal

"Did you weigh in this morning?"      "Yeh."   

"And?"    "I gained a pound."  

"Ok, I guess we'll deal with that tonight with whatever else you are due punishment for."    "You're going to spank me tonight?"  

"It's Sunday, don't we normally handle serious punishment then?"    "Yeh, I guess so." 

"Do you not want me to?"    "Yes and no."    

"Well, we're going to go with the yes."     "Whatever."  

"What's wrong with you?"     "You really don't know? All I can say is that I am not feeling submissive right now in any shape or form." 
 
"I know and that is my fault.  I have acted pretty badly these last few days.  It didn't have anything to do with you, but I know I made you feel bad in the process.  Will you please forgive me?"    "Of course."

We ended up having a long discussion about everything that happened, and we both felt a lot better.

When it came time for punishment Steve asked me if it was really okay considering everything that happened.  I told him that we are each individually responsible for our behavior regardless of what the other is doing.  I chose to not stick with my health rules, and I gained weight as a result.  I am accountable for that regardless.  

"Besides, I really need to get back into a submissive frame of mind."  "I think we can accomplish that."

I got it with the hand, spoon, ping pong paddle, lexan paddle, and his belt.  My bottom is sore, but it feels so good to get back to our new "normal.

5 comments:

  1. Well - so it's pretty well resolved. Steve asked for forgiveness and you gave it willingly. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing and there should be more of it. Need for sex and spanking is a wonderful thing, too - as long as there is the probability of satisfaction, of course!

    Still, the framework for dissension is still in place, it just requires care not to get into that place again, I'm glad I don't have to make those kinds of adaptations to circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad for you both! Yes, forgiveness is a powerful thing. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just proves your "new normal" does work. I was so pleased to read this post! Way to go, you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am sooooo glad to hear you are getting back in balance. That was breaking my heart on your last couple of posts. I thought you were on the Candy Land slide going down.

    Hugs!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody for your support. Our malfunctions rarely last long. We are doing fine now and just trying to get back into the grove during a very busy week. :)

    ReplyDelete